Today was our first day on campus! Honestly, I was a little nervous to go meet students today. I never know how people will receive what we are offering, but know with confidence that I am offering the best gift ever - Jesus Christ.
We set up a booth outside the campus union and spent two hours handing out spiritual interest surveys. We are giving away ten $20. gift cards to Starbucks if students are willing to answer four questions about their spirituality. We had 118 students fill our surveys today and 80 of them were women! We have our work cut out for us! We met many international students, which I was excited about:)
We hope to start up Bible discussion groups next week on Monday and Thursday nights. Would you pray that God would bring women to my discussion group? Please pray that they would be seeking to know more about who Jesus Christ is with a sincere heart. Thanks!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So exciting! I'm loving the pictures of you and your roomies!!!! Its kinda surreal and AWESOME to see you and Sarah in the same place:) Love you! Rachel
wow, i'm super impressed with your blog :-). Great to see pics of your new home and excited to hear the adventures you have already been able to have. Thinking about you. Much Love, Jenna
I'm so glad you're getting settled. We're praying for you and the Nav ministry. Keep the pictures coming, we love to see what God is doing in your life! Miss you! Erin and Chas
Post a Comment